In order not to let the first cool days sink into melancholy, nature has thought of something. Sweet plums and grapes taste like long summer days and sunshine both fresh and made into compote. This recipe combines the sweet late summer fruits with our cinnamony Hot Bowl. The result is a heavenly creamy rice pudding with aromatic compote made with seasonal ingredients in September.
Ingredients porridge: 2 servings
- 100 g Sweet Ceylon Bowl
- 150 ml Plant drink
- 1 Handful of plums or damsons
- 1 Handful of red grapes (seedless)
- 1 Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 1 Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup (or more, as needed)
- 1 tsp cocoa nibs
- 5 Hazelnut kernels, finely chopped
- Wash, halve and pit the plums. Quarter larger plums. Wash and halve grapes. Place fruit in a small saucepan with cinnamon, vanilla and lemon and cover with water. Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until fruit is soft and water has boiled away. Season to taste with agave syrup.
- In the meantime, mix Hot Bowl together with vegetable drink in a small saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring. Turn off stove and leave pot with lid on stove for about 5 minutes.
- Pour porridge into two bowls. Spread compote and toppings on top and enjoy!
If there is some of the compote left over, you can put the leftovers in a screw jar and store it in the refrigerator. It goes wonderfully with vegan Kaiserschmarren, yogurt with Crunchy Granola or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!