Whether as a spread, for cooking or as a topping for your smoothie bowl: Nut butters are always a good idea, versatile and prepared in no time at all. Here you will find instructions on how you can quickly prepare your own nut butter. For the almond butter you need 300 grams of shelled almonds and a powerful mixer with a pestle.
How to make dark almond butter:
Gluten free, vegan
Preparation time: 200 min
Makes about 300 g
👉 For light almond butter, use peeled almonds instead.
It's that easy:
1. Soak the almonds in water for 2-3 hours and then rinse with cold water.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and lightly roast the almonds on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes (until they start to smell).
3. The almond butter has to be mixed in several steps, otherwise it will get too warm and the fat will not have enough time to escape properly.
3.1. In the first step, grind the almonds into fine flour for about 1 minute.
3.2. In the second step, mix for another minute and then pause for another 10 minutes.
4. Repeat this process until the puree has a fine, creamy consistency. Before each mixing process, push the mousse sticking to the edge back into the mixture with a scraper.
5. You can keep the puree in screw-top jars. Over time, an oil film forms. This is completely normal.