This time we haven't reinterpreted our bowls in a delicious recipe, but our opinion-divisive one Beet shot used. Sounds strange, but tastes delicious.
Our Beet Shot is a classic ginger shot made from ginger, apple and lemon juice - pimped with the super tuber beetroot. A daring combination, but trust us - those who like beetroot will love our shot. In our cupcakes, the beet shot is processed alongside cooked beetroot in the batter and brings a slightly earthy, minimally spicy note to the sweet cakes. The vegan frosting is made on the basis of cashew nuts (every vegan's darling) and is not only incredibly creamy, but also looks great in terms of color thanks to the beetroot powder.
If you want to try something new and feel like a bit of variety in the kitchen, then you should definitely try the recipe. Beetroot not only works in hearty dishes, but is also great for making desserts. The various benefits of the red tuber are of course retained;)
Just try it out for yourself:
Recipe for beetroot cupcakes with chocolate
Preparation time: 1 hour
For 6 cupcakes
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 Beet shot
- 180 g cooked beetroot
- 30 ml neutral rapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 120 g spelled flour
- 60 g coconut blossom sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for the cream:
- 150 g cashew nuts, preferably soaked in plenty of water overnight
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50 g soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder
How to prepare the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat.
- Puree the beetroot with our beet shot, rapeseed oil and apple cider vinegar in a blender
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then fold in the beetroot mixture.
- Mix the spelled flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together and then add the liquid ingredients until a smooth dough is formed. Then it goes into the oven for 20 minutes.
- As long as the muffins are baking, you can prepare the cream. To do this, drain the soaked cashew nuts and melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Then puree all the ingredients for the frosting together and pour the mixture into a piping bag.
- This should then rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Then you only have to garnish the muffins (cooled down!) With the cream and you're done!
- Enojy your meal!
Our ginger shots are not only perfect for a kick start in the morning. As you can see, they can also be used for baking and cooking. Try our ginger energy balls with our ginger shot - the perfect snack for the next afternoon low. You can find the recipe on our blog.
This is what defines our ginger shots:
- Made from natural organic ingredients
- Without preservatives and flavor enhancers
- Freshly processed
- 100% cold pressed
- Maximum freshness thanks to the HPP process