Craving for a healthy porridge for breakfast, but you dont't have time or nerves to stand in the kitchen for hours? Then Overnight Oats are the ideal solution for you - enjoy the power breakfast before sports or as a healthy breakfast on the go.
Stir, put in the fridge, ready: preparing the Oats couldn't be easier. As a base, you can take cereals of your choice - it does not necessarily have to be oatmeal. A porridge mix of different cereals combined with flax or chia seeds is also perfect. The cereal is mixed with water or plant based milk the night before and then placed in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, a soft and creamy porridge is waiting for you, which is eaten cold and can be topped, sweetened or refined according to taste.
Fresh fruit, nut butter, seeds, cocoa nibs or coconut flakes are real classics and enjoyed anytime. You can simply stir many of these ingredients into the mixture, then it takes even less time in the morning. And: A tablespoon of cocoa powder is always a good idea.
Whether you're a late riser, an early riser, or a raw food fan, Overnight Oats will give you the power you need! Here's our favorite recipe:
Coconut Berry Overnight Oats
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 50 g Wholey Super Porridge Classic
- 150 ml plant based milk, e.g. oat milk, coconut milk or almond milk
- 50 g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. maple or date syrup
- 1 tbsp. chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp Almond Candy
- fresh fruit of your choice, for example blueberries, kiwi or pomegranate seeds
1. Mix the porridge mixture with shredded coconut and berries and pour into a glass or bowl.
Mix with the plant based milk and stir in maple syrup.
Put the porridge in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Drizzle Overnight your Oats next morning with Almond Candy and decorate with pistachios and fresh fruit.
3. Stir well. Enjoooooy!
Always a little late and on the run in the morning? Prepare the oats the night before in a lunchbox or a sealable jar and just put them in your backpack or workout bag the next morning - and your breakfast is ready whenever you want to eat it.
Leave a comment