Carrots are for you rather a dry plague of your childhood or at most bearable as cream soup? We have news for you: This creation with coconut and caramel is probably one of the best Porridge recipes, that we have in stock. The best thing: the carrot gives the porridge an extra portion of fullness, provides valuable antioxidants and tastes at the same time so not at all healthy! Carrot Cake for breakfast - here we come!
Ingredients for one serving of Carrot Cake Porridge:
- 1 carrot
- 50 g Original Super Porridge (alternativ: Haferflocken Feinblatt)
- 250 ml vegetable drink
- 1 tablespoon raisins or other finely chopped dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Ingredients for the caramel topping:
- 3 large dates
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 Tsp Almond Candy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp grated coconut
- Finely grate carrot and bring to a boil in a small saucepan along with Super Porridge and vegetable drink. Stir in raisins, shredded coconut and spices and simmer until desired consistency, 5 to 10 minutes.
- For the caramel sauce, pit dates and puree with water and Almond Candy in a blender until creamy.
- Pour porridge into your favorite bowl, top with caramel sauce along with plant-based yogurt, walnuts and shredded coconut and enjoy!
You can also serve your porridge in jars for a pretty dish to take to the next veganen Brunch or even conjure up a dessert without refined sugar. Instead of walnuts you can also use other nuts of your choice.