Why spooing Porridge lwhen you can have brownies for breakfast? Our version tastes damn chocolaty, but is naturally sweetened with bananas and dates. The basis is our Super Porridge made from sprouted grain with fiber and valuable minerals, which makes the Banana Chocolate Brownies a satiating energy supplier in the morning - so you can enjoy these brownies for breakfast without a guilty conscience.
And we promise: The intensely chocolaty taste in combination with coconut flakes, crunchy tiger nut flakes and a topping of creamy peanut butter will not only satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chocolate banana brownies: the recipe
Ingredients, for one tray of brownies (20 x 30 cm)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100 g coconut oil or vegan butter (liquid)
- 200 g Cocoa Tigernut Super Porridge
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml plant based milk, e.g. almond milk
- 5 tbsp. peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven (electric oven: 180°C/fan: 160°C/gas: see manufacturer).
2. Mash bananas with a fork and whisk with melted butter or coconut oil. Add Super Porridge and baking powder and mix until smooth. Add vegetable drink gradually as you go. If the batter is too thick, add a little more vegetable drink.
3. Grease a brownie tray (20 x 30 cm). Pour in batter and smooth out.
4. Add peanut butter in blobs on top of brownie batter and gently pull into brownie batter with a fork.
5. Bake brownies in preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Remove brownie tray from oven and let cool completely.
6. Cut brownies into pieces and serve.
Here's how to make the peanut swirl easily
Since the peanut butter is a bit firmer than the brownie batter, it can be a bit tricky to fold the butter into the batter. But don't despair: simply warm the peanut puree slightly before swirling, such as briefly heating it in the microwave, and stir until smooth - then spreading is a breeze. And even if the pattern may look a bit wild at first: At the latest after baking, the brownies look really good.
Leave a comment