Pancakes are welcome on our dining tables in any form and at any time of day. On special occasions like birthdays or Mother's Day, you can give a special treat to a loved one: You can tell right away that these heart-shaped pancakes were baked with love. The Dragon Bowl gives the pancakes a deliciously fruity note and a bright pink touch.
Ingredients for 10 Pancakes
- 300 g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 150 ml plant based milk (e.g. almond milk or oat milk)
- 150 g plant based yogurt
- 4 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Dragon Smoothie Bowl
- fresh strawberries
- coconut flakes
- Mix flour, baking powder, plant based milk, yogurt, agave syrup and salt in a bowl until smooth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat about 1 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan. Add about 3 tbsp batter per pancake to the pan and fry pancakes on both sides over medium heat. Tip: As soon as bubbles form on the surface, flip pancakes.
- Blend Dragon Smoothie Bowl in blender for 60 seconds until creamy.
- Cut pancakes into heart-shaped pieces with a sharp knife. Alternatively, you can use a large heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Stack two or more pancakes on a plate, spreading a thick layer of Dragon Bowl between each. Top with fresh strawberries and shredded coconut and serve!
What to do with leftovers?
The cut edges of the heart-shaped pancakes do not go into the trash, of course. You can use them to make a delicious portion of simple Kaiserschmarrn. Bake the leftovers briefly in the oven (180° top/bottom heat), refine with raisins and arrange on a plate with powdered sugar. Delicious with it: Apple or plum jam!
Stir the yogurt spoon by spoon into the dough. Depending on the variety, the yogurt is very solid or rather liquid. This way you can better control the consistency and ensure that the pancakes are extra thick and super fluffy.
If you have silicone pancake molds at home, you can of course also bake the heart-shaped pancakes in them.
You can also use any of our other Smoothie Bowls instead of the Dragon Bowl. This will give your heart-shaped pancakes a different color depending on the occasion and taste. You can choose between the bright blue Ocean Bowl, the sunny yellow Tropical Bowl or the rich purple Açaí Bowl!
Do you want to prepare your pancakes not only with love, but also with superpower? Then try these fluffigen Porridge Pancakes with sprouted grains, which not only provide plenty of fiber, but are also easier to digest!